Horrifying Halloween

Final render ended up turning out pretty much how I planned it. Looking at it now I should of maybe but some dead leaves in, hmmmmm.

Final render ended up turning out pretty much how I planned it. Looking at it now I should of maybe but some dead leaves in, hmmmmm.

Early stages of texturing the environment.

Early stages of texturing the environment.

I was really struggling with getting the look of the blood right until some kind people on social media gave me tips on both the splatter effect and the material.

I was really struggling with getting the look of the blood right until some kind people on social media gave me tips on both the splatter effect and the material.

1st version after fetting feedback online.

1st version after fetting feedback online.

2nd version witrh toned down blood splatters as I wanted to make sure the steel of the blade was visible in the dark lighting.

2nd version witrh toned down blood splatters as I wanted to make sure the steel of the blade was visible in the dark lighting.

Last issue I had was when I put the boot prints in I scaled them off the knife, that made me realise the pumpkin and knife were way to big for the setting. I adjusted them in the final render but lesson learned always make everything to scale as you go!

Last issue I had was when I put the boot prints in I scaled them off the knife, that made me realise the pumpkin and knife were way to big for the setting. I adjusted them in the final render but lesson learned always make everything to scale as you go!

This one started off as just a quick idea to make a Jack O'Lantern and ended up being a whole scene that took me up to Halloween night to complete.